♪♫♪ Count your blessings, name them one by one, Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one, And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done. ♪♫♪

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sickness & Labor day

I meant to blog I really did :(
3 trips to the ER in 4 days really paid it's toll on me.
Moriah had to go back to the DR to get her pnuemonia checked out and Malachi had to go back and get his Impetigo checked out. As we were getting ready to go I was putting on Jedidiah's shoes and he said " Ow my piggies hurt. " Sure enough took off his shoes and his foot was covered in a rash - Impetigo. Moriah started claiming she was feeling worse again .. So I was Thankful we had an appointment.
 Got to the Drs and found out Yes Jedidiah had Impetigo and Yes Malachi looked MUCH better - as for Moriah she was running a low grade fever and VERY worn down. We took her right across the hall to lab to have bloodwork done to check for Mono. Unfortuanently she was dehydrated and they could not get an IV in her. As we walked back to ask the DR what we should do - she started getting weaker and almost collapsed - the DR looked at her and said get her to the ER. Well my parents had left for a camping trip so I had to call them back and have Dad stay home with the boys until Justin got home ( Thankfully he worked half a day and was not far behind me ) and Mom and I loaded up Moriah and took her to the ER.
 I was NOT impressed by the DR but I stood my ground and we got her set up to get and IV of water to rehydrate her. When they came in to do the IV she started crying and they did their best to keep her calm and when they put the needle in she screamed " You hit a bone !" then proceeded to tell me she was going to pass out and she did. I was not prepared for that.
 Well they came up with the conclussion that she had Bronchitis Not Pneumonia ( I still think Pneumonia ) and that she also had a virus that was making her weak.
I was so excited to take her home and to get her ALL better so we could have a GREAT weekend - we also schedualed a follow-up for Friday to get a clean bill of health.
 Wednesday Rolls around and guess what -Gabriel is sick !! When Gabriel's body is fighting anything big it goes into muscle spasm seizuers that hurt him - so Wednesday and Thursday was spent trying to nurse Gabriel back to health - dosing out Motrin as often as we could to keep the shaking down.
 Thursday night as we were getting ready for bed I told Justin that my eye was hurting and my ear and throat hurt hurt and my body ached - when he looked up at me I noticed that his eye was bright red also - UGH
So friday morning my whole lil family went into the DRs to find out that Justin and I both have pink eye and my body is trying to fight that stupid little virus that is going around my house. I did tell the DR that is one thing we have down - we like to Share.
So this Labor day weekend has consisted of both parents feeling LOUSY but TRYING to be patient.
We did get the bookshelf put up for the Home School books and all the books sorted - so YAY.
This weekend I am thankful for the Blessing of Netflix Streaming - We have been watching Lots of the Cosby show ☺
Well going to go back and rest - Believe me soon there will be a post NOT about sickness - I have faith ♥
♥ Carrie*Lynne ♥ Isaiah 41:10 ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment